Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Weekend

Can I just say that I really dislike cleaning? BUT, it sure does make me feel better about being at home when my house is straightened up and smelling like orange or lemon. I suppose it's because of Easter, but I woke up this morning with a driving need to clean my house. Of course, it also helped that it was raining outside this morning. I don't know about you, but cleaning is harder to do on a sunny day than on a rainy day. I do have to vacuum still as well as scrub my bathroom and laundry room, but pretty much everything else is done. Yay!
To be completely honest with you, I haven't cleaned my house so thoroughly since last year. I have touched up here and there and Joseph has vacuumed more than I, but neither of us has really gotten everything. Anyway, all of that to say...I'm almost done with cleaning my house!

Tomorrow, I'd like to have my mother-in-law and father-in-law, husband, and brother all join me at church. I honestly don't believe that they all will, but I still want to ask.

Ar you doing anything special for Easter?

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I really hope that they do, and that you have a lovely day. We'll be at Brian's mom's with Aunt Eloise and Gran Gran. The kids are looking forward to the egg hunt too and I got Ethan camouflage eggs to make it even more interesting. We dyed eggs today and we've been working on lots of Easter hymns. I've still got to make the desserts and decorate the girls' Easter bonnets. They're watching Peter Cottontail right now (they've been watching different version of the Resurrection all week, so tonight is fun night. Love you, seester. Happy Resurrection Day!

Terri Deitrich said...

Aww, why wouldn't they go to church with you?! I hope you have a good reply that they did.
We celebrated Easter with Joe's family on Saturday and then had dinner with my Mom & Nanny on Sunday. We saw Lisa & Brian later that afternoon for a short visit.
Adelyn got way too much Easter stuff - candy, stuffed animals, plastic toys... - but I think she had a good time despite being sick :)