Thursday, April 22, 2010

How to Get Back on the Horse...

or which book to read after a two-week period of time where you've not really read any BOOKS.

So, a few weeks ago one of the blogs I read issued a challenge to read books that had your/my name in the titles. (I'll post more about that later.) I decided to give it a shot. This means that I went onto my local library's website and searched by keyword in the title. "Hannah" It shouldn't have surprised me, but the number of Hannah Montana books was Overwhelming! (BTW, I HATE Hannah Montana.) Anyway, I did see a few books that looked interesting and I immediately put them on hold.

The first book that I read from this new group of library books was started on Tuesday and finished last night. The title? Hurricane Hannah. by Sue Civil-Brown. The genre? Romantic Comedy. My reaction? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Literally. Like seriously LAUGH. OUT. LOUD.

The main character of Hurricane Hannah is Hannah Lamont and let me just tell you, that girl has got a MOUTH on her! (not a dirty mouth...just a mouth) Of course, as a romantic comedy there is a guy involved. His name is Buck Shanahan. Oh! and to keep things interesting, Buck is not the only love interest. The second love interest is an alligator named Buster. That's right. An alligator. Buster is the Highlight of this book through and through. See, Buster is the only alligator on the island that this book is set on. And he has decided that he (Buster) is in love with Hannah. So he follows her around. Like a lovesick puppy dog.

I wish I could read this book to ya'll cause it is SOOO funny! I had my coworkers laughing their heads off yesterday as I read bits and pieces to them. In fact, I have to bring the book into work again tomorrow to read some other parts to Stacey (my office mate).

The only problems I had with this book were the two (thankfully short) sex scenes. Because they were short I was able to skip right over them without a thought.

So, if you don't mind skipping over sex scenes and you are looking for an absolutely DELICIOUS book to lighten your world for a little while, definitely go check out Hurricane Hannah. My only recommendation - find a room where you'll be out of the hearing of anyone that is bothered by loud laughter. You're gonna need it.

4 comments:

Teddyree said...

Hurricane Hannah sounds like just what I need. Just reading your post made me smile so a "delicious" read that makes you laugh out loud sounds perfect! Thanks for the recommendation :-)

Kimberly Franklin said...

I will have to check that book out! :)

Unknown said...

OK so I am currently bludgeoning my way through The PIllars of the Earth which is, I think, 2 million pages long. I like that idea of reading books with my name in the title. Of course I would. I'm a frigging narcissist. Damn it!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Thanks for the recommendation. This sounds cute!