Monday, January 10, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

This past Saturday night Joseph and I were over at my in-laws visiting when my father-in-law asked if we knew of any way to copy a video offline and save it on his computer. Joseph and I both had a few ideas as to how we could manage this feat, but none of our ideas panned out. This led me to resort to desperate measures. I clicked on the "Contact Us" link and copied the email address down. The following is what was typed and received after I clicked on "Compose" in my email account. (the following has been edited to protect the innocent and their emails)

Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 8:34 PM
To: Admin@RiverDogs.com
Subject: Request for copy of 2010 Season Hilights Video from RiverDogs Website

Good Evening,

I was wondering if it would be possible to receive a copy of the 2010 season hilights video showing on the RiverDogs website. My brother-in-law, M--- played for the team this summer and my father-in-law would really like a copy of the video for his own personal viewing. This would be a personal video only.

Please let me know if this is a reasonable and possible request. It would mean a great deal to M-'s dad to be able to add this video to his personal tracking of M-'s baseball career.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Hannah


On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Dave Echols wrote:

Dave Echols

EVP / General Manager

Charleston RiverDogs



(Okay, so he didn't really write anything, but he DID forward my email to Noel.)



On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Noel Blaha wrote:

Hi Hannah,

Please provide me with a mailing address and I'll send a copy on a disc to you.

All the best,

BYOFNoel Blaha

Director of Promotions

Charleston RiverDogs

www.RiverDogs.com



Of course I replied to Noel's email with my FIL's address and thanked her profusely. So, yeah. WOW. It was a shot in the dark, but it worked and I am SO excited about it!


2 comments:

Darlyn said...

Yeay! Such a simple move but it took a great effort *wink*

Helmi said...

Oh My God, You have so beautiful blog!