Friday, June 18, 2010

W-Day 3:48PM - Recap

Obviously the wedding is over now. Has been for four hours, actually. But let me just tell you - the stories I've got!!!

When I last left you, I was headed across the hall to help Shayla out with her makeup and hair. The makeup part went quickly and easily. We sorted out the colors Shay wanted to use and the perfect way to apply said colors. We went with light brown, blue, and purple. Very pretty. Once the makeup was taken care of, we moved on to the hair. Because Shayla has very, very thick, curly hair it needed to be blow dried. Since we had taken care of her makeup in her mom's room, Shayla just plugged her hair dryer in by her mom's dresser. And promptly popped the circuit breaker. Oh yes. The air conditioner shut off, the clock went black, and Ma and I just shook our heads and laughed. After the breaker was switched back on, Shayla dried her hair in the bathroom. Can I just tell you how much I wish that I had my camera with me when she finished?? She came back into the bedroom with hair straight out of the eighties! Hilarious!

An hour later, Shayla and I were shimmying her into her dress and pinning her in. Fixing a curl here, and a twist there. When all was said and done, we made our way downstairs to see the grandparents with 20 minutes before we were supposed to meet the Justice of Peace in the town park. Pictures HAD to be taken so with everyone else posing, I was doing my best to get them out the door and into their cars. My efforts did pay out eventually, though maybe not as early as I would have liked. (How do you say it, Mom?) We were "off like a herd of turtles"!

Ma, Shay and I were in the front car with the grands in the second followed very closely by Titus. All by his lonesome in the rear. I was in the front with the girls for moral support. Seriously. I was handing out tissues as soon as we sat down in those seats! When we finally made it to the park, we were passing flowers around, grabbing bags and cameras, telling each other where everyone else was headed. In other words, it was mild chaos. Down the hill we walked. Across the park. Coming from the other direction was the JP. It didn't take long for us to get started once I directed everyone to the best spot. (we had our pick and no one else seemed lucid enough to make the decision. *tongue in cheek*)

With the ceremony on camera (it only took a little over ten minutes), the pictures started. Thankfully, one of Ma's coworkers had stopped by with her really fantastic camera so she was taking pictures while I filmed the ceremony, then she continued taking pictures while I directed the majority of the groupings. Oh, and the best part? Amy (the coworker) was able to take pictures that included me. yay. *little happy dance*

After the pictures, Titus, Shayla, and I headed over to the town hall to get the application for a copy of the marriage certificate filled out. Once that was done, we headed home to change, then out to lunch at a really wonderful little seafood shack with Ma and the grandparents. Soooo much fun!

When lunch was over, we split up with Shayla's grandparents heading home to Massachusetts and the rest of us headed to town hall to pick up the, now ready, marriage certificate. From town hall we came back home where Shay opened the wedding gifts from her mom and we all visited with Shay's friend, Devon. Then, I came up here to write this. Oh yeah...while Devon was here, we all downloaded the pictures of the wedding from Titus' and my cameras. You'll see some of them in the next post.

So, yeah. Busy day. Beautiful day. Congratulations, Titus and Shayla. May you have a lifetime of happiness together!


Alicia said...

Thanks for all of the details and news. I'm dying to see pictures, but I understand about the computor. Love you all!

Darlyn said...

Congratulations that everything went well and congrats to your bro and his wife!