Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Book List

I've seen it done on other blogs and I've actually been keeping track myself for two years already, so I have decided to list the books that I have read so far this year and I will update every month. I started writing down the books that I had read in January 2007 when Joseph and I were still in the apartment, but since I REALLY want to read 100 books this year, I figured a post on my blog every month would keep me motivated. Honestly, it shouldn't be hard since I don't even have to read ten books a month in order to accomplish my goal. So far this year, I'm well on my way.
With no further ado...Here's my list of books read this month. (That means books completed this month.)

January

Sandry's Book ~ Tamora Pierce
Tris's Book ~ Tamora Pierce
The City of Ember ~ Jeanne DuPrau
The Mary Kay Way ~ Mary Kay Ash
Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg ~ Gail Carson Levine
Teddy Jo & the yellow room mystery ~ Hilda Stahl
Teddy Jo & the ragged beggars ~ Hilda Stahl
Teddy Jo & the magic quill ~ Hilda Stahl
Land of Hope ~ Joan Nixon Lowery
Land of Promise ~ Joan Nixon Lowery
Boxers for Dummies ~ Richard Beauchamp
Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand ~ Gail Carson Levine

I'm sure you noticed that I read alot of children's/young adult's books. I will freely admit that they are some of my favorite reads, but I'm really working on expanding my horizons. I just know that young adults books are "safe". I don't like to read books that are full of language or sex. Now violence, I'm okay with that. Anyway, I currently have four books that I'm working on so I hope to have at least two more added to my list for January, but who knows what will happen.

What is your favorite book? and Who is your favorite author? Do you prefer a particular genre?

2 comments:

Britt said...

Fave Book: Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift

Fave Author: Jeffery Deaver

Fave Genre: Detective novels/Murder mysteries (that type of stuff)

Anonymous said...

I could go on for a long time about authors!
Have you read Hilda Stahl's series about the pine trees? Love them!
Stephen Bly writes some western's and some Christian Fiction. The ones that he and his wife collaberated on are fun.
Detail? Linda Chaikin's series in Egypt.
Christian Romance? Catherine Palmer
Comedy Christian Romance? Cathy Marie Hake

If you need more specific titles let me know - or more authors - I better stop now.