Monday, January 11, 2010

What are you reading on Mondays?

This is my first time going on record with this particular weekly post. I would love to list the books that I read last week, but I really don't recall all of the titles so I'm just going to post about the books I'm reading right now.

First up is The Opposite of Love. I actually got this book through Facebook, I believe, for free as part of a promotion from the author. The Opposite of Love is Julie Buxbaum's first novel. Honestly, the story is intriguing and I definitely want to read through to find out how everything is going to work out, but right now, I'm NOT impressed at all at the language in the book. (By language, I mean, four letter words/cuss words. Don't like that at all. Won't be keeping the book once I'm finished reading it.)
Second up is the third Vicki Barr book that I own. I was thrilled to find a few Trixie Belden books at a large flea market back home in PA a few months ago and the owner of the booth I found them at offered the Vicki Barr books in addition to the Trixie Beldens at a discount because she was trying to get rid of them. Heeeellllooooo! I will TAKE them!
The Ghost at the Waterfall is the 11th book in the Vicki Barr series. I don't have anything to say about it right now merely because I seriously just started a few minutes ago and am only two chapters in. So far it's a typical Vicki Barr story.

The next section of my post should be the books that I'm planning on reading this week, but I haven't decided that yet. I have one that I've set aside, but all the rest are just on a shelf that I'll walk by and pull one off of. So, here's the next one on my "To Be Read" list:
The Martyr's Song - Ted Dekker
If you'd like to join in the fun and let everyone else know what you're reading this week, stop by J-Kaye's Book Blog and add your name to the Monday list.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I can't ever do a planning on reading next section since I would never follow it. LOL! Happy reading this week.

Stephanie said...

It sounds like you're a prolific reader. :-) I used to really enjoy Nancy Drew back in the day. Happy reading!

Ruth Schaller said...

interesting choices in books! Hope you have a great week! :D

Jennifer said...

Excellent book choices. Happy reading. My Monday is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/what-are-you-reading-monday-11-january.html

Nise' said...

I have put down books with over the top vulgar words too. Ted Dekker's books are always good.

Have a great reading week.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of the particular title, but I love Ted Dekker's books. He is so intense! There is never a dull moment.

Shonda said...

The Opposite of Love is a great read! After You is another fantastic read from the author.

Lydia said...

I'll be reading my first Ted Dekker book probably this week/next week. I'm excited!

Alicia said...

I need more Ted Dekker in my life. Anything else and I just don't have time - with Dekker, I make time because i can't put them down!